March 14, 2010

Cricut Bag




So I have a Cricut new-users class coming up next saturday and realized I needed a way take this thing with me. It's pretty heavy and awkward! I don't know if they make a bag for them but I'm sure it was more expensive than my $5 vintage sheets LOL

I threw this together last night. It only took me a few hours and some problem solving! I've never made a bag or anything that required a liner so that was a bit of a mental challenge to figure the inside-out workings of it.

The worst part was putting the handles on. There HAS to be an easier way then I went about it. Pinning them on and sorta eyeballing it unfortunatley AFTER I had put the side pleats all in. That made it hrad to tell what was on there straight or measure anything.

Making it myself I was able to get some nice pockets in there for the power cord and the tool kit. I probably should have tried making a bag with a proven pattern the first time.

Oh and this was the first large-ish sewing project I have had a chance to do with the Kenmore Mini Ultra I got for Christmas. :) Man I love that thing!


9 comments:

  1. Cute fabric!! Way to upcycle a sheet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh, this is about the cutest thing ever!!! My cricut isn't going anywhere and I want one! LOL! You did a fantastic job and everyone is going to want you to make one for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cute! I want one too!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job! You should sell these on ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so you're going to make another one and sell it to me, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is simply adorable!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SUPER cute! LOVE the vintage sheets idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome, thanks for the suggestion, just got my expressino a few weeks ago and am hoping to take a class at the lss so will perhaps make a bag to tote my Bugz with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...